Chamber of Architects of Thuringia
The Chamber of Architects of Thuringia (AKT) is an independent self-administration of about 1700 architects, interior designers, landscape architects and town planners in the Land of Thuringia.
It promotes building culture and assures quality. Only those who are registered in the relevant Architects‘ Chamber are allowed to be entitled "architect". A qualified academic education and professional experience for at least two years are obligatory.
Main activities of the Chamber
- Protection of the interests of the profession and monitoring of the fulfilment of professional duties of its members
- Management of the list of the architects registered with the AKT as well as the list with the persons authorized to give technical opinions in accordance with architectural regulations
- Promotion of architecture, amongst other things as an art, of the building sector, of town planning, interior design and landscape architecture
- Promotion, organization and management of architecture competitions
- Promotion and organization of trainings for people working in the field of architecture
- Support and services offered to its members in the fields of Right, new techniques, information
- Collaboration with the authorities in the fields of architecture and town planning
The admission to a German chamber of architects is required to be allowed to practise the professions of architect, interior designer, landscape architect and town planner in Germany. Please take note of the requirements and find further information and the forms to join the Chamber of Architects of Thuringia as a foreign architect (only available in german).
For every planning and building project the ideal partner
Interested parties can detect architecture offices and architects with individual search criteria, can have a look at projects realized by Thuringian architects or projects under construction (Thuringian Architecture) and also can get information about the organization and the management of architecture competitions.
Our website offers direct access to the list of:
- architects, interior designers, landscape architects and town planners
- publicly appointed and sworn experts, specialist consultants
(Search form and texts only in german)
- regional, urban, landscape and building planning
- new construction, reconstruction, restoration, conversion
- preservation of monuments
- location studies
- planning and consulting
- calculation of profitability
- progress and cost control
- project handling and management
- cultural facilities and educational buildings
- office, commercial and industrial buildings
- health care buildings
- sports and recreation buildings
- residential buildings
- barrier-free buildings and old age homes
- sustainable architecture
- interior design
- public parks and open spaces
- urban planning
- fast access
- wide range of experts
- guaranteed quality
- individual solutions
- cost efficiency
- planning reliability
Seeking for a job?
Visit our job exchange (only available in german).